Going in Style/slight hiccup
I am excited about our flight to Reykjavik. It is the first time that we have booked business class instead of economy! Looking forward to being actually able to sleep.
However, things don't always go smoothly. . . Randy always says that the only good trip is a trip where we have some snafus. This one ought to be a doozy. Today is the day that we are leaving for Reykjavik. We should be boarding the plane this evening which leaves at 8:30, and getting in early tomorrow morning. We had reserved a place way back, probably in February. We reserved a place named Vesturga Apartments, on Agoda, a booking site I had used in the past with no issues. Randy was pretty sure it was the same place he and Marco and Nicolo had stayed back when they went to Iceland. Being just a bit OCD, I had checked with them earlier to make sure that we were indeed booked and they said yes, confirmed. Yesterday I tried calling the property number to make sure that they knew we weren't coming in tonight but early tomorrow morning so that they didn't think we were a no-show. I kept calling this number and getting nothing; finally, someone answered and said that they haven't been the property manager for this place for 6 months and the number is incorrect. After much searching, I finally found a phone number for Agoda, and when I talked to someone found out that the place we are supposed to be staying has been closed for a year. They will try to find us a rebooking; good luck with that! To be continued. . .Well, Agoda said they were very sorry, but could not find us another accommodation. Looks like we're on our own.

Comments
Post a Comment